This is the inital release of CRS Pro for 2017
Failed Schema Log
CRS Pro® generates an XML file even if required data is missing; however in such case, it will alert you that the generated file Failed Schema Validation. To determine why it failed, refer to the XML file and FailedSchemaLog_FilerName/Date/Time.txt file—both located in your MagFiles folder. Users are encouraged to immediately reset/void the Failed XML Session and Log ID located at the XML Session Window. After resetting the sessions you can make individual changes to forms at the Work With My Tax Forms screen and add in the missing required elements such as currCode, Individual information, Issued by, Address Info, etc.
Please see XML Failed Schema Validation for further details.
How To Limit File Size
Some receiving countries have a maximum file size they will accept; for example, Japan has a 19MB limit. CRS Pro allows you to limit the number of XML records in a file to effectively constrain the file size. Each record typically requires 0.006 MB. Thus if Japan has a 19MB limit, set the Record Limit for Japan to 3,000 records (wherein 19MB / .006MB = ~ 3,000 records). It is the user's responsibility to verify that an XML file created does not exceed the limits imposed by the Receiving Country. In some instances it may be necessary to lower the Record Limit further if files contain lots of Payments, Account Holders, Controlling Persons or Children.
Edit file size limits via the menu bar > File > Security & Administration > Program Options > Set XML Record Limits.
Japan has added "JPCN" as a type of Filer Tax Identification to the INtype. CRS Pro allows users to add/create their own INtype when creating a Filer.
Japan Formatting Requirements
Japan XML formatting rules kick in based on the Receiving Country. Japan requires special formatting of the MessageRefID depending on the Filer INtype.
- If INtype is "JPCN" (a 13 digit corporate TIN in Japan) and the Receiving Country is JP (as per the above) then the MessageRefID is constructed as per the Japanese FAQ's.
- If reporting sending/receiving country is JP, the MessageRefID must be formatted as “JP”+”Year”+”JPCN”+Corporation#13digits+3digitSerial#.
- If the JPCN is not available, CRS Pro reverts to the following with a GUID of 36 digits: JP”+”2017”+GUID(globally unique identifier of 36 alphanumeric characters)+3digitSerial#.
Exceed Record Limits
A standard license of CRS Pro has a 1,000 record limitation. If the limit is exceeded, a 30 second countdown is automatically triggered. The countdown increases in length with continued usage of CRS Pro and is likewise triggered when switching between different functionality within the software application. To remove the countdown please contact 1099 Pro Sales at (888) 776-1099 or go to www.1099pro.com and purchase a Bump Code to increase the number of records (or transactions) allowed in the software. Bump Codes cost $100 per 1,000 additional records.
- To prevent duplicate filings, any record with a "Filed" status cannot be filed again. However, a filed record can be corrected and the correction can then be filed.
- Hong Kong will be supported by CRS Pro® in an update scheduled for January 2018 with corrections scheduled for release in March 2018. Hong Kong diverges significantly from the CrsXML_v1.0.xsd XML schema and significant modifications need to be made to the software.
- If CRS Pro XML is not performing as per a country's XML special schema/specification, please immediately email Michael Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org with the specification and problem.