Purpose: Doing this will allow 1099Pro Enterprise or Professional to install and/or update without any interference from the anti-virus software.
To bypass the scanning of 1099Pro Enterprise, Professional, 1042-S, W-2 Pro, 8966 Pro and Corporate Suite (Note: This assumes that the software is installed in the default installation locations)
1. Open Settings in Norton Security Anti-Virus Software, by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of the main window.
2. In the Settings window, click on the Antivirus settings tab.
3. Next, select the Scans and Risks tab. Click the Configure [+] tab next to Items to Exclude from Scans.
4. In the Scan Exclusions window, click Add Folders, then browse for the 1099Pro folder (C:\1099 Pro).
5. Select the 1099Pro folder, click Apply, and then OK.
6. Select Configure [+] for Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence detection.
7. In the Real Time Exclusions window, click Add Folders, then browse for the 1099Pro folder (C:\1099 Pro).
8. Click on Apply to save the changes made to the settings. You will now see C:\1099 Pro in the list of items that are ignored by Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence. Norton will no longer scan 1099Pro.