- The 1099-NEC is not part of the IRS's Combined Federal/State Filing (CFSF) Program for Tax Year 2020. Most filers will be required to submit their 1099-NEC information directly to the state(s) in addition to IRS filing.
- 1099 Pro has added a new Service Bureau 1099-NEC state direct reporting feature (subject to an additional fee and important limitations) that helps customers to meet these state reporting requirements.
- News Article - https://www.1099pro.com/news_article/1099-NEC-State-Reporting-TY2021
- State Reporting Details - Service Bureau - 1099-NEC Reporting Details
- 1099-NEC Related:
- Ohio (OH) - File naming convention requires a lower case ".txt". (CS-3155)
- Iowa (IA) - State Subset processing hangs with more than 255 filers in criteria.
- Advanced Options - Address/Envelope Offsets - now moves the correct address block. (ENTERPRISE-1930)
- 1099-DIV - State ID box alignment fix for Combined and MW N11EZ copies.
Tax Form Data Entry:
- 1099-NEC - Correction status window display alignment fix. (ENTERPRISE-1876)
- Reminder to file banner for 1099-NEC display issue. (1944)