Note: Your software must be on at least v2021.09.05 to apply this update.
The 1099 Pro Service Bureau will not include the 1099-NEC as part of the Combined Federal State Filing Program (CF/SF). To complete 1099-NEC state filing via the Service Bureau, you must purchase the additional 1099-NEC state filing service (details here).
Many states that implemented their own 1099-NEC filing mandates are still requiring state direct filing instead of allowing filers to use the IRS CF/SF Program. This is because most states have already built their reporting portals and direct reporting provides the data to states earlier in the year which is a critical tool in combating tax fraud.
New and improved:
- Reset sessions for the Service Bureau, Print, and Electronic Filing are now included in the Audit Trail. (ENTERPRISE-2140)
- Previously, the About Corrections screen was missing 1099-NEC on the list. We fixed this issue. (Enterprise only) (ENTERPRISE-2056)
- We fixed the following Printing issues:
- On the 1099-A Copy C and B, the recipient's last name print alignment was off. (ENTERPRISE-1947)
- On the 1099-NEC Pressure Seal ACL, the recipient copy's optional message was not printing. (ENTERPRISE-1993)
- On the W-2G, the 2022 tax year printout was printing 2021. (ENTERPRISE-2145)